Life's Little Treasures Foundation
About the Life's Little Treasures Foundation
Life's Little Treasures Foundation (LLTF) is Australia's foremost charity dedicated to providing support, friendship and information, specifically tailored for families of premature or sick babies.
The Foundation's services are available in hospitals (neonatal and special care units) and in the community when families come home.
It was founded in 2005 by parents, all of whom had a sick or premature baby. They realised how important it was for families to have access to information and a community they could identify with and feel a part of. Someone who understood the challenges that they faced.
Having a child that is sick or premature can be a very traumatic rollercoaster ride and the Foundation strives to gives families the support and assistance they need.
"We are thrilled to have partnered with
Protect-A-Bed and Lifenest , their passion to help support
Life's Little Treasures Foundation and the
vital funds contributed to Life's Little Treasures Foundation,
will enable us to work with and support so many more families,
and ultimately improve the long-term outcome for
vulnerable babies who are born premature
or sick and their families. We look forward
to what we can achieve together.
Shusannah Morris, Co-Founder / CEO
of the Life's Little Treasures Foundation.
Life's Little Treasures Foundation Vision
To ensure that all families enduring the difficult and life changing experience of having a premature or sick baby have access to critical information and community support to help make a difference to them and their child.
The Facts Are:
- Premature birth is the number ONE cause of neonatal deaths globally.
- 48,000 babies are admitted into neonatal and special care units every year in Australia.
- This translates to over 115 admissions every day.
- 27,000 babies are born premature every year in Australia.
- 1300 of these babies weigh under 1000 grams - less than a bag of sugar.
The Foundation provides extensive support for families and their babies through:
- An informative website.
- iPhone and Android apps which provide critical medical information for NICU and SCN.
- Free hospital books for families - "A Guiding Hand to NICU" / "A Guiding Hand to Special Care"
- Free hospital Tip Sheets / Newsletters / Reading Program - "Book and Bubs"
- Free Webinars designed to provide professionals and families access to the latest information and resources for a child's development.
- "Treasure Time" community support and playgroups / Hospital support groups.
- 24 hour support line 1300 MYPREMMIE
- Financial and Material "Family Assistance Programs", assisting families both in hospital and at home, throughout Australia.
An extensive list of their services can be seen here
Join the Life's Little Treasures Foundation online at:
DONATE TODAY and help make a difference to
the lives of premature and sick babies.
We would love you to consider supporting the Foundation, all donations over $2 are tax deductible
and will help LLTF to continue providing it's critical services to families of premature and sick babies.